Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time Travel Without the Hot Tub

Clearly, I can't seem to get it together to do a post for GBBD on actual bloom day.   Next month, I keep telling myself.  But then I'm buried in work, family, laziness or some other excuse each 15th it seems.

So, lets just pretend it is the 15th.  I'm making that funny sound and your vision is blurring just like in old "I Dream of Jeannie" reruns.   There, its the 15th, just like that.  No WABAC machine or small ultra heated pool needed, and everyone looks slightly younger and has a 'dated' hairstyle from 5 days ago.

Here's what is blooming in my garden.  These flowers might never ever bloom together again, but this April, I have representatives from early spring, late spring, summer and late summer, through combination of crazy weather and nursery plants.

11 comments:

  1. You have a gracious plenty to enjoy this time of year. Love the Echinacea (Cone Flower). Which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compost - Its a merlot, I have three varieties, and its the only variety blooming. Not sure if its earlier than the others usually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That echinacea is beautiful.

    Don't worry about being late to GBBD. I often can't get the post done on exactly the 15th - I think there are MANY others too. If you look, there are probably many people on the list that didn't really post on the 15th.

    What matters is the BLOOMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blooms! Thanks for letting us time-travel with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yu have lots of lovely blooms there Jess. I am quite jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be 'You' not 'Yu', sorry. I can't even string a sentence together today :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blooms! And thank you, it's not every day I wake up and find myself 5 days younger :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a blue flowery weed thing out back; maybe I'll do a bloom day thing next month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not done a GBBD once. Or maybe I've done it a few times, and just not called it that. lol

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jess~~ I never have it together for any of the memes. What an interesting influence the weather has had on the garden. Beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete